layar yang bisu dan tanpa daya menjadi tempat yang tepat untuk tumpahkan semua. objek yang tidak akan pernah jadi subjek. tanpa komplikasi. tanpa kompromi. sesederhana itu.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

perfection on sale!

hi, you're the new neighbour, right? we haven't met since your first day here. I just got back from a great journey. visiting the islands of everymen to find a perfect place to live.

first I sailed and find the island of hope. I landed with great expectation of finding a boost of cheer, yet the island exceeded it. laughter and happy faces are everywhere. it scattered along the way. I wondered, is this island really that great?

so I stayed there for a couple of days. everything was perfect. the people (always happy), the island(always clean and neat), the weather (clear sky, not too cold, not too hot). everything.

and suddenly I popped a question, "don't you all get tired of being perfect sometimes?" I didn't plan it. it just came out of the blue. and do you know what they said?

yup, you've got it right. "are you crazy?"

I don't think I can force myself to put on my happy face all the time, so I said to myself, it's time to go.

I've got myself a ride from a nice little fellow and asked her to stopped at the nearest island which famously known as stone island. she eyed me for a while but said nothing. I was curious.

as I stepped foot, I find myself wondering how different this island was. it's beautiful, dry, windy, and hot, like a desert with the sun on everyone's head. people there only talked a little and it seemed they've got an expression that fits them all. stoneface. but no one ever know why. they just are.

I thought, hey maybe this is the perfect place. people never bugged you with anything, I just have to mind my own life. but I stayed there for only a couple of days, because I frustrated already. I felt nobody ever noticed that I was there and that everybody was drown in their own self.

so I managed myself to get a plane ticket to the next island first day in the morning. maybe I'll find something fascinating. but I don't know what to expect.

the next island is called the metro. it's busy and noisy. people there has lots of things going on. they seemed to mind their own bussiness, yet still has time to stopped by and have a little chat with each other.

after 2 days I thought, hey, this is familiar to me.

so here I am. back to the life I once hate. where people really is human. some of them are idealists and others already sold their integrity. sometimes the weather's friendly, sometimes it's not. there are time when you're on top of everything, but occasionally you're at the bottom of the food chain. but that's life, right?

and tomorrow, I'm going to have a garage sale. would you come?

pardon?

oh, what I'm going to sale?

it's just something I don't need anymore. something called perfection.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home