layar yang bisu dan tanpa daya menjadi tempat yang tepat untuk tumpahkan semua. objek yang tidak akan pernah jadi subjek. tanpa komplikasi. tanpa kompromi. sesederhana itu.

Monday, September 17, 2007

“If there’s an extra ticket, would you go with me?”

The line might be cheesy for some. Even for me. But somehow I didn’t feel like it anymore. Last night I watched “In the Mood for Love” instead of doing the freaking assignment and got blown away by the film. (A big thank you for Lucky for the information and the link!) The cinematography was insanely fabulous and the script was just beautifully sad. Truly is heartbreaking. Although I kinda think that Maggie Chung’s wardrobes were a bit surreal (but hey, she indeed has a flattering figure) but the whole story was graciously depicted. As if I was watching a 90 minutes of never ending sequence of exquisite still photos.

“If there’s an extra ticket, would you go with me?”

I have a confident in me for nobody will ask me this kind of question. At least I don’t expect this kind of question ever asked. Nonetheless, if by any chance somebody did ask me this question, I’ll be puzzled. Should I or shouldn’t I? Dare I? Dare I not? A gazillion of questions might pop up and left one numb. And the probability of parted with whichever side is an absolute promise of nerve wreck. Yet Wong Kar Wai successfully portrayed the life changing outcome of such question. I did not get the Angkor Wat scene at the beginning, but after a thorough explanation from Lucky, I do understand now. The secret must be shared. It doesn’t matter if you shared it with the loved one(s), a complete stranger (just like Mr. Timberlake there), or even a crack in the wall of Angkor Wat’s ruins. It must be shared. Otherwise, the only betrayal will come from oneself, for the way Freud sees it many years ago, secret will oozes from oneself fingertips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home