layar yang bisu dan tanpa daya menjadi tempat yang tepat untuk tumpahkan semua. objek yang tidak akan pernah jadi subjek. tanpa komplikasi. tanpa kompromi. sesederhana itu.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Being the Privilege

Do you remember my previous posting titled “A New Chapter”? I previously wrote that I felt like I robbed the Sheering Guy for being here under the scholarship scheme. Yesterday a friend of mine talked with one of the workers at Bettina Street (the place which I lived in now). The man said something that really is ironic (at least for me).

The man : “Your parents must be very rich for sending you here and studying at Monash.”
My friend : “We are here because of the scholarship.”
The man : “That’s even better.”

It actually pretty well-known that Monash is a very expensive uni. Only few of Australians can afford it. The fact that it was an Australian who said that and he is a construction worker [which probably (or probably not) is not a uni graduate] gave me a little kick. I am very fortunate. I am amongst the privilege. And it is my turn now to figure out what to do with this kind of understanding, hopefully I can figure out something good…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home